$45,000 – $50,000
Well-established preservation organization in Asheville seeks a candidate with hands-on experience and academic background in historic preservation. Our ideal candidate will be a self-guided and organized person ready to balance a variety of tasks in the office and in the field. Beyond the responsibilities listed, the job offers ample opportunity for an ambitious and creative candidate to expand current programs and initiate new ones as they get to know our organization and the community it serves.
• Monitor preservation easements for an ever-growing list of more than 30 properties; manage approvals and enforcement
• Build relationships with owners of monitored properties
• Expand easement program by working with local property owners
• Identify, monitor and advocate for endangered properties
• Track proposed legislative actions, city and county commissions, and local preservation ordinances; keep staff and board updated on relevant changes
• Inform the public on engagement and advocacy opportunities
Education and Outreach
• Coordinate dates, speakers and venues for our existing lecture series
• Give presentation to local community groups
• Work with staff to craft communications including social media, newsletters and press releases
• Provide support to county property owners including site visits, contractor recommendations and research
• Work with Executive Director to oversee stabilization, rehabilitation and restoration projects as part of Revolving Fund program
Additionally, as a part of a small staff, this position will require participation in a variety of activities outside of the job description, such as participating in fundraising events and administrative tasks.
Bachelors or advanced degree in historic preservation or related field preferred. Two years related work experience required.
15 days PTO earned per year. Additional day earned yearly up to 20 days PTO. 8 paid holidays per year. Flex time provided for hours worked over 40 hours per week. Health, dental and vision insurance available. PSABC contributes 50% of health premium. 403b retirement plan available.
Send resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Preservation Specialist”.