The former YWCA complex consists of the original structure designed in 1924 by local architect William H. Lord and an annex, known as Moorhead House, which was built in 1934 by New York architect Clinton MacKenzie. The main building is a well-composed two-story-plus-basement Georgian Revival-style building with pedimented pavilions flanking a gabled entrance with a fanlight and pilastered surround. A modillion and dentil cornice embellishes the exterior and the pediments contain distinctive demi-lune windows. The symmetrical façade displays paired six-over-one double-hung wood sash windows, brick quoins, soldier-course belt course above the basement, and rowlock brick sills and soldier-course lintels framing the windows. The single-leaf entry door is a modern replacement and is flanked on either side by narrow six-light windows; a cloth awning shelters the fanlight. Concrete steps with metal balustrades lead to the entrance. The basement is visible at the front of the building due to a gap between the sidewalk and the structure. A brick retaining wall with simple metal fencing supports the rear of the sidewalk. An attached wood-shingle shed-roof canopy shelters the basement at the north end of the building. Exterior metal fire stairs are present on the south elevation. A tall rear wing set into the slope of the site features a modified gambrel roof, steel roof trusses, metal-frame industrial sash windows, and contained a gymnasium. A flat roof brick wing on the south side of the gymnasium contained a swimming pool and was illuminated by glass-block windows. An enclosed two-story breezeway connects the main building to the adjacent Moorhead House, a residence hall for girls funded by a $100,000 bequest from Samuel E. Moorhead of New York.