Our mission is to conserve Asheville and Buncombe County’s heritage and sense of place through preservation and promotion of the region’s historic resources.
We are working to keep Asheville a unique and desirable city by retaining the character of our community in five key ways:
- Preservation Grants to support preservation, education and designation projects.
- Preservation Easements and Advocacy to protect endangered properties.
- Technical Support for owners of historic properties.
- Hosting the Griffin Awards to recognize projects that have utilized a preservation ethic.
- Preservation Education Programs to inform the community about our shared history.